Thursday, September 17, 2009

In no paricular order....

Right, so this is the 3rd part of the 1st module. It also happens to be the first part that is ready to go online right now, so without further ado:
My chosen image.













and my before image.



Looking at the rest of the posts that were up, most students seemed to have modified images in the same style for the woodcuts to make their images, so i attempted to do the same, though it's not exactly perfect. My before image is supposed to be a man taking a message out of a bottle he found. This explains what the same man is re-searching/translating in the next image. I couldn't find a good image of a scroll or cork in the same style, so you may notice I actually used a feather in the bottle instead. I figure this leaves some mystery as to what is in the bottle, an dhow he found it. Was it some coded message? Plans? A scholar's comments on a piece of art? Who knows.

1 comment: