Friday, September 18, 2009

Calvin and Hobes

This assignment was about finding a Calvin and Hobbes comic with no words that I liked, posting it, and explaining why I like it. So the first thing I;m going to do is post some excellent fan art instead of the actual comic... To be fair, this picture sums up quite allot of the comic in one image. To do represent all that the comic series is and all the ideas it gets to would probably be impossible in one image though.















I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes, and have read most of their strips after discovering them in middle school. I still love the tone and presentation of the comics to this day. I chose this picture because it shows allot of what was going through Calvin's head when he was off in his own world of fun. I may have spent more time there than he did when I was in that age range. I also was a dinosaur freak too. Digging up some of the old comics not only reminds me of the time I spent reading them long ago, but the period when I had more time to just sit and stare into space, thinking about this and that, or having imaginary adventures with all my toys. Though I never had a stuffed tiger like Hobbes. In retrospect, that would have been awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment