Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Death of Obi One Kenobi























For module 3, part 1, I decided to take a classic Star Wars moment and put it to story boards. It turns out that I was far from the only one to have this idea. I'm actually missing one of my sketches. I really have no explanation, I did 8, and there's only 7 around now, so I'll upload what I have now.

A little background: Obi One is engaged in mortal combat with Vader, while the rest of our heroes are trying to get back to their ship, the millennium falcon. Our first panel was of the heroes arriving in a nearby corridor, but as stated, it went missing. They are also unable to move because there's a group of storm troopers guarding the falcon. Before they have a chance to come op with a plan, Obi One and Vader's dual reaches a nearby door. The following panel simply shows their battle from a different angle, showing the storm troopers noticing the loud fight. The camera changes again, to Luke and his team's point of view, as they see the soldiers running in a different direction for some reason. Something I noticed through all these shots is a pit on the room where the falcon is. I included it in all the drawings I could, because it gives a point of reference for all the different groups looking into the room. Soon, R2-D2 and C3PO, as well as Luke and company, make a dash for their ship. Luke stops, realizing that it is Ben fighting Vader that captivates everyone's attention. Ben sees they young boy's concern, smiles, and raises his lightsaber high. Vader slashes at Ben, and Ben's robe falls to the ground empty. In my last panel, Luke crys out in anguish, at the loss of his mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment