Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Module 3, part 2




Once again, this is a story board sequence I worked out all on one abnormally large piece of paper, and scanned in several times, resizing things so that all the frames are relatively the same size. This, along with my less than perfect drawing skills lead to the low-ish quality of this set of story boards. If the images aren't clear enough, i will now relate what they are supposed to be.

I found the script for Jurassic park 3, and decided to take scene 4, and story board the beginning of it. The fist panel is of 2 plastic dinosaurs rwaring, and growling at each other. The next series of panels zoom out, and show the setting. A father, watching his toddler play excitedly in a sandbox with toys, while his wife stand over him with a newborn. To add to the suburban sense of the perfect, normal family, I added a grass yard [with sprigs of grass], a picket fence, because there always there, and a bright sun. The exact lines that follow detail the father telling his son he's playing with the toys wrong, because he's having the two plant eaters fight each other. He then picks up a meat eater, and starts having it fight the other dinosaurs. The boy starts crying a bit, probably at having his toys take away, and played with by his father. The mother ends up reminding the father that the son would be the one playing with the toys, so the father gives them back, saying "right, right, nice dinosaurs".

I would comment, that though I have seen this movie, it was several years ago, and I don't remember this scene at all. Soon, I'll probably go and see how close my story boards match the actual visuals of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment